"Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." - Preach My Gospel


Tuesday, July 19, 2011

This will be our last blog post


I am sad to inform you all that because of counsel from their Area Authorities President and Sister Watts have decided to close this blog. This will be our last blog post. I received an e-mail from Sister Watts this week with the following letter and information that she asked me to share with all of you. I do want to let our family members know that we are going to continue with a private family blog, and you will be receiving invitations to that in your e-mail in the next week or so. Thanks everyone!
- Amy

Dear Family and Friends of the Guatemala City Guatemala North Mission and Missionaries,
 
We want you to know how much we love serving here in Guatemala. We love the country, but most especially we love the people and OUR MISSIONARIES.  There simply cannot be better missionaries on the face of this earth and we feel so blessed and privileged to serve with them. If you are a parent of one of these fine men and women, know that we love them and are grateful for the way you have taught them and the way they choose to serve their mission here in Guatemala. They truly are outstanding.
We are grateful for the wonderful Torres’ who have made our transition as easy as they possibly could. They have served with all of their hearts and left an eternal positive impact on this people and the missionaries. We all love them.

I was grateful to see the blog that Hermana Torres kept while serving here. I learned so much about the mission and the missionaries by viewing her wonderful site and thought how wonderful it was for the parents of the missionaries to share in the “happenings” of the mission and their sons/daughters. I appreciate her effort and I know that many of you do too.

Last week, in an area meeting, we were instructed by our Area President to stop all mission blogs. The Church has run into some problems with privacy of individuals and other problems because of some posting on blogs throughout the world. Ed and I choose to support our Priesthood leaders and know that everyone will be blessed because of obedience. We feel that we, our missionaries and this mission need all the blessings we can receive. I hope that everyone will feel the same way about this decision. This will be our last public posting.

I want to thank our daughter, Amy, for being so willing to spend her time and share her talents in helping us with the Blog. We love her, and the rest of our family, for their support and willingness to help us serve our mission in every way.

Thank you once again for your concern and support. We know that we have been called by Heavenly Father to serve this mission, in this place, at this time. We will try our best to do what He wants us to do (even including Spanish!). THANKS AGAIN!!!

Sister Watts

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I will miss the blog but we support President and Sister Watts and they are right the mission will be blessed through obedience.
I look forward to reading your family blog. I will write and share the wonderful things my son is learning from your parents when he sees them at zone conference etc. I know the other wonderful mission moms will write to.
Thank you Amy for your willingness to do the blog.
Love
Tammy Fadel

Dasdel said...

I appreciate the efforts you made into getting this blog up and going.
It has a wonderful creative flare to it. And I'm a little sad to lose this window into Guatemala City North Mission. I do support their decision. And I understend the importance of obedience. But its still sad to lose this opportunity to see Guatemala through their eyes. Thank you Amy for your efforts and contribution.